This supplement may not be right for you. Read the warnings before purchase. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional. Always read the label & follow the directions for use.
Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex
- Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, Â which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- Folic Acid Complex contains the active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin, which is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
- Vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy cognitive function.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 are important for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
- Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune function and is necessary for red blood cell formation.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is necessary for healthy brain, skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
- Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamins B12, B6 and folic acid can assist in maintaining normal blood in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for healthy nervous system function.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Ingredients
Start taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
Each tablet contains: No Added
Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12)
equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide)
Egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives. Warnings
Always read the label.
Follow the directions for use.
If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.